On Leash Dog Training - Boarding and Training
Basic On-Leash Dog Training in Phoenix & Scottsdale
On-leash dog obedience training is the first and most important step to owning a well-mannered family member or to prepare your canine friend for off-leash obedience. Only a dog with a solid obedience foundation will perform reliably and show consistent results. If it is time that your furry friend learns to walk politely beside you on a loose leash and to behave properly and politely in public, then our On Leash Boarding & Training Program is the perfect choice. Should you be looking for more advanced obedience, click right here to get more information about our advanced off-leash training and manners package.
The on-leash dog obedience program consists of 21 days of boarding and training in the trainer’s home; most importantly our clients do not incur any additional charges should it take a bit longer. Dogs, just like people, have different learning curves, and we do not want to break the dog’s spirit by putting too much pressure on our canine students. Learning should be fun! The price of this package also includes treats as well as any dog training equipment needed.
Here is what your furry friend will learn during the course of this program:
- Formal heeling on a loose leash on the left side
- Automatic sit in the heel position when the handler stops
- “Let’s Go” informal loose leash walking
- Sit on command and to remain in position until released
- Down on command and to remain in position until released
- Imprinting the “Place” Command (the place can be a dog bed, blanket, place board, special rug, etc.)
- Coming when called on 33 ft long line
This is what the owners will learn:
- We conduct an extensive private handler/transfer session upon completion of the program. Every family member who is involved in the dog’s care is invited to participate. To clarify, we will teach owners how to give and reinforce commands and subsequently maintain the newly learned skills.
- In addition, we include one private follow-up session per year free of charge. For instance, owners can schedule a private session at their leisure should they feel they need a refresher or should their dog display a new behavior that needs to be addressed. In other words, this complementary lifelong support system ensures continuing training success. And above all, a balanced relationship between owner and canine companion.
Please complete our form below, give us a call, or text 480-525-5525 should you have any questions we can answer, or to schedule an appointment. We would love to hear from you!